9.12.11

Holiday House Walk


Welcome to my home ~ thank you Jennifer Rizzo for hosting this fun party!
If you have been touring the homes this week, then you must be feeling like me, 
totally wowed by the amazing talent and imagination of the bloggers 
on this house walk! I am very honored to be asked to participate!


You shall see, that in my home, it is all about vintage. I love to look at Christmas in shops, but it
is at the thrift stores, estate sales and antique markets that I am the most tempted to buy!


If it isn't vintage, it at least looks like it is. A good example is here in my Entry. Many of the treasures that sit atop this old black dresser (where I stash all our mittens, scarves, and hats) are truly vintage, but there are a few things that are not, like the Old St. Nick.


 The first room off the entry is our living room/study, and a good bit of the Christmas decor is here.
I am lucky to have two mantles in my home to decorate. This one I call Christmas Au Natural.


I love that washed out natural white and cream look. I found this whole set of little buildings at a church rummage sale a few years back for a couple of dollars each. Do you know that each one opens at the top, like a little box?


We love music boxes and snow globes at Christmas time in this family.
 The little wood one on the right is German and plays "O Christmas Tree".


I never can seem to decorate for any season without some silver.


Look who is watching us! A lovely friend gave me the Swedish Stars in the windows
many years ago. In each home, I have always found the perfect place for them!


Beneath the mantle, on the hearth sits one of my favorite thrift finds of 2011,
the vintage Swiss Army blanket.


These stockings are for my three angels ~ 18, 13 and turning 10 soon!
One of our family traditions is they receive an ornament every year.
This year I gave them these reproduction tin chocolate molds.


Ok ~ I admit, we have yet to use this fireplace, but the one in the family room gets plenty of use!


 I try not to "collect" anything, but over the years I have picked up a few Santas...
and I do love mercury glass picks and garlands!


Sometimes I like to add just a little something to what is already there...




And nothing says Christmas better than a manger scene.


 This one is perfectly battered and worn. It is one of several around my home at Christmas.


Well, there are other rooms to see...on through the kitchen.


Past the breakfast area...


Let's stop for a closer look at this Santa, because he is not really my style,
but I could not resist him at an estate sale ~ he is handmade of old quilts.


Mantle #2 in the family room is adorned with a few vintage putz houses ~ only blue ones.
Another thing I do. not. collect.  These all needed TLC, and I have spruced up each one in some way.
I will let you look close up and see if you can figure out how.



In the family room, we also have vintage ornaments piled here and there.



By now you may be saying, so where is the Christmas Tree?
Alas, it is in the lower level, where there is lots of room to set it up without
moving furniture. DH says this year he is going to bring it up here.
But we have a 3rd fireplace (that we use!) and more Christmas decorations down there
and room to spread out! I would show you it all too, but our time together is short,
and the lighting down there is not as good ~


One last photo on the tour in our Family Room ~ this year's Christmas card.
{Photo card credit - Katie Dulap}

Hope you enjoyed some peeks into my home.

Next stop on the House Walk is Simple Thoughts.

Come back next week ~ I will post more Christmas decor!

Have a Blessed Christmas!

Home Stories A to Z

19 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Love your house! It is beautiful, so glad Jennifer had you on this Series, thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love all your festive vintage decorations. I went more of an old fashioned look this year after finding some vintage things at the flea market.

Morning T said...

Heidi your holiday home is divine! I love the detail on both mantles and your vintage treasures. The light fixture in your kitchen is great. I'm going to copy your burlap ribbon garland!! :)

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family (love your card) and thanks for sharing your home with us!
Hugs~
T

Debra @ Common Ground said...

I really enjoyed your tour, your home is so lovely and personal! nothing like vintage for Christmas! xo

paige said...

what a beautiful home!
i especially love the colors and textures on your mantel!
merry christmas

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Oh Heidi, everything looks so wonderful and so festive!! I am just in love with so many of your cool vintage finds! Especially the natural village on your living room mantel....to.die.for! I love the blue village too and the Santa in the red car on your coffee table is so cute....Ok I could go on and on!

Amy Kinser said...

Hi Heidi, nice to meet you. I actually found you from my friend Lisa's blog and didn't realize you were on the holiday homes tour. Your home is just beautiful. I love all of your vintage treasures..Christmas and otherwise.

Blessings to you. Amy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your Christmas House Tour is just lovely, Heidi! You've got lots of my favorite thing this year ~ bottlebrush trees and I love the bottlebrush little wreath you have. I had two mantels in our old house and I liked to do them each a little differently. I just have one {and a bit smaller} in our new place, but I'm figuring it out! I hope to find time after the other tours to come back and explore your blog a little more. Thanks for sharing your home!

blondiensc said...

Heidi, I absolutely love all the vintage finds, your mantles look amazing and make me want to change everything out I have on mine!! Love the bottle brush trees and old books and pretty ormaments, you did a fabulous job! thanks for letting us peek into your home! Merry Christmas!
Tara

Amber said...

Wow your home is so beautiful all decked out for the holidays! I really like "Christmas Au Natural", that is just fantastic!

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

It all looks so pretty Heidi! I am in love with that Swiss army blanket...what a prize find! The little christmas houses are so sweet too. Thanks for the lovely tour!

Heaven's Walk said...

So pretty and interesting! Love the different vignettes you've created! And the daybed with the scrumptious pillow made me weak-kneed. lol!

xoxo laurie

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Everything is beautiful Heidi and I adore all of your vintage touches!Thank you so much for being a part of the tour!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

i love it all...such attention to details and gorgeous photos...i want that swiss armyblanket for my boys room!;;

Theresa said...

Your home is beautiful, all the little touches are perfect!
Thanks for sharing!
Theresa

Boxwood Cottage said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Heidi! Your Christmas home is very beautiful too and I especially love the mantle with the wooden houses and the silver trophy cups, it all looks so great together and I had to pin it of course!
Sending you warmest wishes from Germany
Carola

parenting articles said...

the wooden houses look really great!

parenting articles

Anne Marie said...

I too like that muted tones together - you have some really neat things Heidi!!

Merry Christmas! and God Bless,
Anne Marie

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Heidi, So lovely, you are queen of the vignettes! You just have the touch. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks for the tour. Love, Penny